How can you help change the life of a special child?
Our programs are not eligible for government funding and are costly to operate. In order to offer our subsidized programs we rely heavily on the support of the community. This support comes in the form of funds as well as countless, valuable volunteer hours.
Work Parties are a fantastic way for corporate groups to make a difference in the lives of children with special needs and to have a team-building, fun-filled day outdoors while they are at it.
Work Party projects include but are not limited to:
- Landscaping & gardening
- Painting & staining (indoors & out)
- Fence building & repair
- Tile installation (indoors)
- Simple carpentry, electrical & plumbing projects
- Trail maintenance & boardwalk building/repair
- Program set-up (assembling/moving tipis, tents, picnic tables, fire pits, etc.)
- Outhouse maintenance (only for the extra keen!)
Depending on the group size and what skills & resources (if any) you are able to bring along, we can customize a work party experience for you. Groups can be self catered (outdoor BBQ provided) or enjoy a hot lunch at Camp.
For more information please call 403-949-3818, ext. 22 or e-mail Anna Garcia, Director of Operations.
Thank you for the incredible hard work and generosity of our most recent work parties:
- Kinsmen Club of Calgary
- Fekete Associates
- Shell Canada
- Home Depot